The top 10 things to eat when in Sydney, Australia.
- Yum Cha aka Dim Sum. Recommended location: Cabramatta, this is where you’ll find the most authentic tasting dishes.
2. If you’re a fan of My Kitchen Rules then you must pay a visit to Kin By Us in Macquarie Park. The duo serve up some Asian inspired fusion dishes which are not to be missed.
What an awesome little cafe serving Asian inspired dishes including the two pictured: Pork Belly and Onsen Egg served on a waffle with cabbage slaw and the Soft Shell Crab in a baguette. 😍 @kinbyus #porkbelly #freshjuice 🍉🍍 #waffle #onsenegg #cabbage #softshellcrab #asian #inspiration #cafe #MKR #mykitchenrules #hungry #foodie #sydney #whatnossyate #zomatoaus @zomatoaus
4. Who doesn’t love a soda float? Especially when said soda float contains alcohol. Find them from none other than The Soda Factory, in Surry Hills.
5. Fancy AF ice creams. I mean look at my ice cream. It’s floating in a cloud. Create your own at Aqua S.
6. If you’re lucky enough to have family or friends in Oz then there’s nothing like a home cooked meal prepared on the BBQ along with some fresh seafood. Check out my Xmas spread below.
It was so nice to spend Christmas Day at home with the family for the first time in nearly two years. We ate, drank and played games all day long. Nothing like quality family time. #christmas #sydney #australia #feast #food #ham #prawns #baileys #lamb #pork #riba #dessert #watermelon #haloumi #salad #oysters #summer #rolls #crab #yum #cheers #family #whatnossyate
7. Everyone’s always looking for the best gelato in Sydney. I can tell you now that N2 extreme rocked my socks off. I prefer it over Messina.
8. A freak shake. Canberra started the craze and the rest of Oz followed. Check out The Missing Piece in Macquarie Centre for your fix.
9. A pork sausage roll with tomato sauce. Nuff said.
10. Last but not least, a chicken schnitzel or schnitty as us Aussie like to call them.
Most pubs and RSL clubs serve up a decent schnitty and I couldn’t leave Sydney again without smashing one down. Don’t forget to ask for chicken salt on your chips and your choice of gravy.